The BNA offers travel stipends for student BNA members for certain meetings. There are no bursary applications currently available and this page will be updated with details about calls for applications once they become active.
Travel stipend application guidelines are usually as follows;
- the applicant must be a member of BNA at the time of application and, in addition, must have been a member of the BNA 6 months prior to application date
- the applicant must be affiliated with a UK institution
- the applicant must NOT have received a bursary from the BNA during the past year
- the applicant must be registered as an undergraduate or as a postgraduate or have been awarded their PhD no earlier than xxxx
- the applicant must be registered for the meeting and have had their abstract accepted for presentation
- the applicant will be presenting, as FIRST AUTHOR, a poster or oral presentation
Applicants should download and complete an application form and submit this together with a brief (one page) CV and a supporting letter from the Head of Dept/School confirming the status of the applicant. The maximum amount of each stipend is likely to be GBP xxx and is intended to be used towards registration fee, travel and accommodation costs to attend the meeting.
After completing the downloaded form, please scan all the documents requested and email them to the BNA Office (email@example.com) or mail them to;
British Neuroscience Association
165 Queen's Gate
Successful candidates will be expected to provide a brief (one A4 page) summary of their trip to the meeting within two months of their trip for possible inclusion in the BNA Bulletin and BNA website.