9th March 2017
MQ Mental Health Science Meeting 2017
External Event - 2nd to 3rd Feb 2017
MQ is hosting the largest international scientific meeting dedicated solely to mental health science.
It is taking place in Amnesty International, 25 New Inn Yard, London, EC2A 3EA
- Poster submission closes: 16th January
- Travel bursary application closes: 16th January
- Registration closes 23rd January
The ASM is now in its 3rd year, and brings together researchers from across disciplines to explore cutting edge new ways to understand, treat and prevent mental illnesses.
The theme for this year’s meeting is the emergence of mental illness. This follows the launch of MQ’s major new research programme focused on young people’s mental health in October 2016.
The 2-day programme includes key note speeches from leading experts in the field, panel discussions, and a poster session, providing a unique opportunity to showcase ideas and develop collaborative networks.
Scientists and experts from all disciplines who have an interest in mental health are welcome to the event. Also, mental health stakeholders including clinicians, mental health funders and charity representative.
The event speakers are as followed:
- Andreas Meyer-Lindenberg (Central Institute of Mental Health, Mannheim)
- Carmen Sandi (Brain Mind Institute, EPF Lausanne)
- Ezra Susser (Columbia University)
- Jonathan Mill (Exeter University / King’s College London)
- Michelle Moulds (University of New South Wales)
- Susanne Ahmari (University of Pittsburgh)
- Edmund Sonuga-Barke (University of Southampton)
- Hugo Critchley (Brighton & Sussex Medical School)
- Simon Wessley (King’s College London)
Places are limited and offered on a first come first served basis. A small number of travel bursaries are available for PhD students and early career scientists.
Further information and registration details can be found here. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to seeing you in February!