9th March 2017
Early Career Bursaries
The BNA is delighted to offer Travel Stipends to qualifying members of the to attend the BNA2017: Festival of Neuroscience. These are intended to support students and early career researchers or clinicians who are presenting work at the meeting. The following conditions apply:
- the applicant must be a member of BNA at the time of application and, in addition, must have been a member of the BNA prior to 1st October 2016
- the applicant must NOT have received a bursary from the BNA to attend a previous Festival of Neuroscience
- the applicant must be currently registered as an undergraduate or as a postgraduate or have been awarded their PhD (date of successful viva voce) or completed their F2 no earlier than 1 January 2012
- the applicant must be registered for the BNA2017 meeting and have had their abstract accepted for poster presentation
- the applicant will be presenting a poster as FIRST AUTHOR (poster abstract deadline 13th January 2017)
Applicants should download and complete an application form, and will need to provide a supporting letter from the Head of Dept/School confirming the status of the applicant.
After completing the applicaton form, please send documents as attachments to the BNA Office (email@example.com).
The maximum amount of each bursary will be £250 and is intended to be used towards registration fee, travel and accommodation costs to attend the BNA2017 meeting.
Successful candidates will be expected to provide a brief (one A4 page) summary of their trip to the Festival within two months of their trip for possible inclusion in the BNA Bulletin and BNA website.
Deadline for receipt of bursary applications is 09.00h on Friday 17th February 2017.
Please note that the poster abstract submission deadline is Friday 16th December 2016.
Successful applicants will be informed by 7th March 2017.
Please contact the BNA Office should you require any assistance or information.